As of January 30th, 2012 the DoD added reporting requirements to Unclassified Independent Research and Development (IR&D) projects. DFARS 231.205-18 and specifically section DFARS 231.205-18 (c)(iii) now requires contractors to report unclassified IR&D projects to the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) in order to claim the costs as allowable. To be able to claim the IR&D costs as allowable the contractor must report the costs using the DTIC’s on-line input form and instructions located at http://www.dtic.mil/ird/dtiedb/index.html prior to the incurred cost proposals and annual provisional rate. Failure to follow this new rule and submitting an adequate proposal will result in unilateral cost rates for your company per Far 42.705-1, which could prevent delays of any monies due to your company. For any further questions about the new reporting requirement reference DFARS 231.205-18 at http://farsite.hill.af.mil/reghtml/regs/far2afmcfars/fardfars/dfars/dfars231.htm#p77_2445or contact our office.
- Ethical Considerations in Government Contract Financial Reporting
- Lessons Learned from Notable Government Contract Accounting Errors
- Exploring Government Contract Cost Principles with Peter Witts CPA
- The BIG Importance of Budget Plan in Businesses
- What is Quickbooks and its Importance for DCAA Compliance?